Poke Players
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poke Players

Poke Players is revived and back on the Internet!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bringing Back The Site!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Trainer Card
Badges (Region/Number of Badges):

Bringing Back The Site! Empty
PostSubject: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:26 am

Hey everyone! I'm going to be bringing back Poke Players. There are going to be new catagories, more things to do, a sprite shop, a better battle system, Tournaments, A Legendary Race, special topics, and more! I am also restarting the adventures, so that's why I only have Mudkip and Jigglypuff right now. If anyone likes the idea and would like to help me bring the site back please post here.

~Indago~
Back to top Go down
http://videogamemaddness.forumotion.com/
Lilly
Lilly

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:08 pm

I would like to help! Would you like me to start back to my first two pokemon, too?
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriorclancats.forumotion.com
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 6:50 am

I mean I'm bringin everybody back to the begginning when we didn't have badges so you could have three if you want. I don't have three because I don't know who my third should be yet. Also Lilly, you don't have to re-make your character creations for your Pokemon, I'm just doing that because I feel like it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lilly
Lilly

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 9:10 pm

Alright! Let me know what I should do to help bring the site back! pig
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:09 am

I'll be sending an E-mail to all the previous active users to let them know the site is back and they can return if they would like. We should try to post at least one thing daily so if new users come by and see the site they'll see that it's atleast decently active. We should also try to advirtise the site (As hard as it may be to advirtise Forum sites...) and I should try to make those new things on the site. I'll also be taking your advise and dividing the RPing spots be region, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and finally Sinnoh. Lilly, do you want to join a topic I'm gonna make?
Also, we need to re-make our Pokemon's Skills to fit with the new Battle System.
Back to top Go down
Lilly
Lilly

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 3:29 pm

How 'bout we exchange affelisarie buttons? I'll pm u with mine, pm me with one from here and i'll put it on WCC. Thanks for dividing the sections, that was a little confusing trying to figure out where I could post, since I was in the Jhoto region at the time. I'll join the topic and re-make the skills, too.
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:10 pm

Ok, it took 20 minutes to do the dividing. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lilly
Lilly

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Oh wow! I didn't think it would take that long!
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Yeah... Well, we should think up some ideas sometime to help the site.
Back to top Go down
Lilly
Lilly

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Thinking.....thinking.....well, I'll tell you when I think of something. Razz
Back to top Go down
Myranda
Myranda

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-05-11

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Indago wrote:
Hey everyone! I'm going to be bringing back Poke Players. There are going to be new catagories, more things to do, a sprite shop, a better battle system, Tournaments, A Legendary Race, special topics, and more! I am also restarting the adventures, so that's why I only have Mudkip and Jigglypuff right now. If anyone likes the idea and would like to help me bring the site back please post here.

~Indago~

I like the sound of this! I havn't been online for months because I thought this site was done for. But today I decided to come back, and you guys are trying to put it back up! Awsome! Of course, you and Lilly had posted these messages about a month ago so i'm not too sure about how quickly you two will respond. But anyways, I would like to post some other ideas that I have taken from other forums. Here is the list:
~A games thread. Users will post interesting and fun games here for other users to play. This is a good thread for when you are waiting for someone to post in a roleplaying topic. The only downside to it is that it wont increase your post count.
~An art thread. Post any art work, stories, poems, etc, here. This can be from a random drawing you made in a scetch book, to a pokemon fusion, to even a fanfic you a writing.
~Roleplaying threads. Not like the pokemon ones already on the site, but roleplays that other members can post in a roleplaying topic. And these roleplays can be about anything.

Those are about my only ideas for now, but if I come up with something, i'll be sure to post it. I also love the idea about making sprite shops, Indago. I'm getting much better at makeing fusions and recolors, so I would love to start up my own sprite shop. (Unless it's only going to be one shop.)

Well, I hope to hear from one of you two soon! I really missed this place, seeing how it was the first forum I ever joined, and I hope it comes back to being a great forum!

Last edited by Myranda on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 5:16 pm

It's good to have you back Suicune! Very Happy
I still check in daily so don't worry, I'm replying. Smile I havn't posted in over a month because their has been really nobody to roleplay with besides Lilly. I like the ideas for the site and I'm glad that your making a contribution to the site! Very Happy
There can be more then one sprite shop, I would have just made one if nobody else wanted to.
Suicune, If you would like to help bring the site back then you should re-make all your Pokemon and skills (Besides your Character Creation and your starter pokemon Chimchar.) I would tell you to make a Trainer Card but the site they are made from is currently under maitanence. Also I'll be adding the new additions to the site soon so I hope you'll enjoy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Myranda
Myranda

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:08 pm

(Wow, that was a quick reply!)
Yeah, it kinda sucks when you have people joining a forum and then they don't even do anything on it.
Anyways, I was thinking, if your trying to revive the site, you may want to start freash. Delete any of the old posts, like the ones under roleplaying. And users that havn't been online for, how about three months, they should have there accounts deleted. Not just because the forum is being revived, but it could just be a rule too. Well, thats all I really have to say for now. I'll begin making a new trainer creation soon. (Besides, I didn't like my old one anyways. I may just do all three steps again and make a totally differnt trainer.) And if Pokecharms is down, no worrys, i'll make my own trainer card on paint. Oh, and before I forget, maybe we should just put our trainercards in our sigs instead of having them as profile pics.

Last edited by Myranda on Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:48 pm

I'll think on that thanks! I thought of making my own through paint but It would be a hassel whenever I wanted to edit something. You can have your trainer card in your signature, although I prefer it as the Avatar. I hope Lilly goes on soon, we need the site to have posts flowing in so new users will like it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Myranda
Myranda

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Well, hey, i'm just bringing up ideas. To me, I would prefer the trainer card in the signature because some people like to have other things in there avatar. But thats just me. Also, i'm friends with a couple of pokemonaholics at school. Maybe on monday i'll tell them about this forum and try getting them to make an account. The more players the better!
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:54 pm

That would be great! Very Happy Also, I'll probably make the rule that you need to have a trainer card but you can put it wherever you please. As long as people can always see it.
Back to top Go down
Myranda
Myranda

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Well, what else? Maybe i'll keep looking at other forums and see how those are set up and what they have and whatever, and then maybe i'll have more suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Alright, I'll wait intil then. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lilly
Lilly

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Oh hey! Welcome back, Myranda! I'll try and get my creations re-done soon. For the pokecharms thing, if we do it in our siggys, for the avater, I may just go on gimp or paint and make it my trainer sprite and my favorite pokemon of all or from my group. Could you make an affiliates button for this site? If you do, I'll take it and put it on WCC. pig
Back to top Go down
Myranda
Myranda

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Good to see you too, Lilly!
Oh, you know what? I had another good idea for the site earlier, and I forgot. I'll try to remember what it was, and then i'll post.
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Sure, I'll make it have my trainer, Lilly's Trainer, Suicunes trainer, (Possibly Crimsons trainer) and one Pokemon of our choice each.
Back to top Go down
Myranda
Myranda

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:18 pm

So, I guess I have to start making my trainer card, then. Just so you know what my trainer looks like. It might be awhile for me, though, i was having trouble last night trying to find the sprite i needed...
Yes, it's going to be an edited character.
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:19 pm

Alright, I'll wait until finishing it.
Back to top Go down
Myranda
Myranda

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 2:25 pm

I have some new ideas for the site. First off, I think it would be a good idea to add an introduction page for the newbies so we can post in there threads and get to know eachother and stuff. And my other idea is to make a Clubs/Clans section. It would be a topic so any member in the forum can create there own club. Random Examples: Pikachu clan, Fire pokemon lovers club, Bug pokemon clan, etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Indigo
Administrator
Administrator
Indigo

Trainer Card

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 7:39 pm

I really like the introductions page! I've also been thinking about something like the Clubs/Clans thing you suggested so both of those ideas seem nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back The Site!   Bringing Back The Site! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bringing Back The Site!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next